So...starting things with a murder...please don't delete me.

     I know it's a little weird to start a blog with a detailed murder, but it is a writing blog, and I am writing detective/murder mystery stuff, so it's probably less weird than I think it is. Nevertheless, I feel the need to add the disclaimer that this is a story thing, I'm not a serial killer, I just really like true crime and police procedurals.

    Anyway, here it is. I present the first draft of the prologue scene of the first story in my series. I hope you like it. Keep in mind, it's a first draft, and not edited at all, so content subject to change.

Also, I had to add the text in a weird format, so everything's double-spaced and a little off. I promise the actual document is formatted correctly. 


    The first thing she registered was the cold of the table. It chilled her to the bone. It was unnaturally cold. Her head spun as she struggled to wake up. Her tongue felt thick and furry, and there was a bitter taste in her mouth. Her eyes were aching and itchy without ever opening them. She tried to reach up to rub them, but found herself restrained to the table, which woke her completely in an instant, panic forcing her eyes flew open as she struggled pointlessly against her restraints. She was in a small room, lying on a table set up in a far corner of the room. The room itself was dark, with only one or two light sources, but it was painted a neutral color, so the light bounced and created eerie shadows on the walls and gave the entire room an ominous ambience, like a horror movie. Leather cuffs were wrapped and buckled around her wrists and ankles, thick woven straps attached to the cuffs anchored her to the table. Panic gave way to terror, and the girl pulled and kicked frantically to get free, and began screaming.

    “Help! Somebody help me!” she cried desperately. She never noticed the figure in the room with her until he spoke.

    “That’s not going to help you. This room is soundproof,” he stated matter-of-factly, much like a real estate agent would if they were looking to sell the property and was pointing out the features of the building. The girl gasped at the sound of his voice, and froze as she laid eyes on him for the first time, looking for all the world like a mad scientist, even in the dim light. He wore hospital scrubs, complete with latex gloves. His face was covered by a full mask that featured lenses for eyes, giving him an inhuman countenance. Over the mask was a hood, giving him the illusion of the grim reaper. Strapped down as she was, the girl struggled to keep her head up so that she never took her eyes off the masked man. Finally, she gathered enough courage to speak again.

    “What do you want? What are you going to do to me?”

    The man by the door sighed heavily, as if annoyed by her question. The sound of metal scraping filled the room, and he produced a wicked looking knife in one hand, and played with the tip of the blade with his other. “I think you know. Would confirming it change anything?” The young woman didn’t respond, merely shuddered on the table, so he continued as if she had. “Very well.” He paused, tilting his head left and right, as though trying to gauge what her reaction might be. His voice was deep, gravelly, but unnervingly calm. “I’m going to kill you.” He moved toward the table. The girl shrieked as hard and as loud as she could, tears streaming down her cheeks. He stood at the side of the table, running his finger along the side of the knife in his hand. She pulled at her straps, putting as much distance between them as possible, which, unfortunately for her, was only about a foot.

    “No! Please! Please don’t do this!’ she pleaded.

    This time the man’s voice had an edge to it. “Does that ever work?” he asked. The girl blinked, dumbfounded at the question. “All the work I’ve put into getting you here, stripping you down, tying you down, and having every intention-” he brandished his knife in her face to further make his point, which made her flinch, scream and turn away. “-of doing what I brought you here to do, but since you said “please,” well, how can I refuse?” The young woman opened her eyes and looked at him, unsure of what was happening.

    “Really?” she said hopefully. The man lowered his head and glowered down at her.

    “I think not.” He held the blade over the woman’s face and ran it down her body, inches away from her naked, shivering flesh, savoring the trembling and whimpering almost as if he were teasing a lover. “Shall we begin?” he asked, voice full of malicious intent, bringing the blade up to her face again, this time dragging the tip of the blade against her skin until he reached just under her collarbone. He paused for a moment, then sank the blade into her, all the way to the hilt. The girl’s piercing scream filled the room until the man grabbed her by the throat and cut off her air. She stared at him, eyes bulging with fear and pain. “Calm down. You’re not dead yet,” he intoned menacingly. “Don’t want to wear yourself out so early. We have a long way to go.”


Thanks for reading! More to come!

Comments

  1. Cherry Pop Comment!! Love you baby! You got this! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment